Life Verses

I was asked recently to share my life scriptures. At first, I wasn't quite sure what the person was referring to. "It just seems like you're so successful at everything. Don't you have some Bible verses that you live by?" they asked. I can assure you, I don't have it all together nor have I figured out life. However, I shared these scriptures with the person.

When it comes to being a mother, this scripture has always been my focus. Deuteronomy 6:5-7, "Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength. These commandments that I give you today are to be upon your hearts. Impress them on your children. Talk about them when you sit at home and when you walk along the road, when you lie down and when you get up."

Being a Rodan + Fields business owner, chief meteorologist at WLBT as well as an author & speaker, I pray over this scripture every day. Proverbs 16:3 says, "Commit to the Lord whatever you do, and your plans will succeed."

When I'm going through circumstances in which I don't understand, I cling to this life verse found in Psalm 9:10, "Those who know your name will trust in you, for you, Lord have never forsaken those who seek you."

It's been said on your gravestone the dash between your birth date and date of death is the most important. I try to live my life intentionally. Some days I feel like I've succeeded; other days I'm not quite so sure. When I get to heaven, I want this to be said of me which Jesus spoke of in Matthew 25:21, "Well done, my good and faithful servant. You have been faithful with a few things. I will put you in charge of many things. Come and share your master's happiness."

What are some of your life verses? If you don't know, I encourage you to spend some time in God's Word and commit them to memory.