Give It a Shot


You miss 100% of the shots you don’t take.

I have that quote saved somewhere in one of the many folders I have entitled “Quotes.”
And right now, that particular quote was niggling at me today….or more accurately screaming in my face, asking if I was paying attention.

I feel very blessed to be going to school where I’m being trained to become a Medical Transcriptionist…I freaking love it!! I’ve also been really terrified of getting a bad grade on an upcoming quiz and not doing well overall in my studies. Which means I’ve been really good at putting off taking the quiz.

Until today, that is.

By allowing fear of failure to hold me back from even trying, I had been missing out.

Failing before I had even started, because I hadn’t even tried. By not taking a shot at the quiz (I knew the material, I have the ability), I had missed 100% of that quiz.

It turns out when I actually took a shot at it, I got a 95%.

Sometimes the hardest part can be just getting started on the task at hand. A lot of runners say that the most difficult part of their run is lacing up their shoes and walking out the door.

Don’t let fear of failure hold you back.

You’re only holding yourself back from achieving all that you can be.

You miss 100% of the shots you don’t take.

I’m going to try my very hardest to take advantage of every shot I can get my hands on this week, and I hope you do, too. 


Good luck!!




xo xo Liz