Trusting God Is Not A Feeling

I had a blast speaking at a room packed with women at First Baptist Raleigh Saturday. We had lots of laughs and hugs and I got to see some faces I hadn't seen in a while.

I was told about a young girl in the church who had recently made a public profession of faith and been baptized only to be bullied and made fun of my her classmates at school. It brought back old memories for me and just some of taunting I went through as a child and continue to go through as a grown woman. I even have the 'anonymous' posters to this blog who like to call me a religious freak every now and then.

To that young girl and anyone else who is made fun of because of their being a Christ follower, I say to God be the glory! Psalm 112:6-8 says, "A righteous man will be remembered forever. He will have not fear of bad news; his heart is steadfast, trusting in the Lord. His heart is secure, he will have no fear; in the end he will look in triumph on his foes." Isn't that why Christians are persecuted anyway--those who see them living out their faith are fearful of their own future here and in eternity?

Trusting God is not a feeling; it's a decision, even when the doubt and adversaries come.

(Barbie will be speaking at the Mississippi State University BSU Tuesday night.)