Do You Have Peace?

Peace is hard to define, but if you have it, you know it.

Even when the hounds of hell are belittling you, Psalm 91:1-2 spells it out: "He who dwells in the shelter of the Most High will rest in the shadow of the Almighty. I will say of the Lord, 'He is my refuge and my fortress, my God in whom I trust.'"

Colossians 3:15 says, "Let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts." The Bible says God prepares a table before you in the presence of your enemies (Psalm 23:5). That means even through your darkest days of conflict with others, God blesses you for your enemies to see. (He did it all through scripture for His children; He's not finished yet!)

God's peace transcends the human resources you and I may try to use to bring ourselves peace.

God cannot fill a cup that's already full with everything else going on in your life. So how do you have peace in the presence of every circumstance? You allow God to be your refuge. Psalm 32:7 says, "You are my hiding place; you will protect me from trouble and surround me with songs of deliverance."

If that doesn't make you want to shout "Amen!", then your shouter is broken!

(Barbie will be speaking at First Baptist Raleigh's ladies luncheon this Saturday. Dates for 2011 are almost gone! If you are interested in getting Barbie booked to speak at your event, go to www.barbiebassett.com and click on "Contact".)