The Smile of Protection

A viewer said the other day, "You just always seem so happy. You're always smiling. It used to get on my nerves to watch you on tv because I thought there's no way someone can be that nice all of the time. I just KNEW you were faking it!"

I'm not immune to flat tires, unexpected changes in my schedule, frustrations with my family and even anonymous letters of criticism. No one is exempt from trials and stress. How we handle those real life plops says more about our faith than anything else I believe.

Psalm 89:15 is one of my favorite scriptures: "Blessed are those who have learned to acclaim you, who walk in the light of your presence, O Lord." The word acclaim means "to welcome or salute with shouts or sounds of joy and approval". To be blessed is to happy! The people who know the joyful sound are the ones who get into the presence of God and walk in the smile of His protection. This joy comes from heaven and isn't dependent upon what people say or what circumstances life throws your way.

Where there is joy, the presence and glory of God will come in and run Satan off.

Go about your day walking in the smile of God's protection!